I’m on a boat.
10 Things Jesus Never Said
1. You’re too far gone to be saved
2. I’m so disappointed in you
3. This wouldn’t be happening if you were a better Christian
4. It’s okay not to love certain people
5. Everyone should believe and act like you do
6. It’s all up to you
7. You don’t have to forgive someone who really hurts you
8. You missed my will for your life
9. I’ve given up on you
10. This is a cross you must bear
or should I say kayak? And, I’m without a paddle.
I need to get back to the island…but that’s kinda hard to do without a paddle.
I don’t particularly mind being in this kayak, but it’s been quite awhile, and I’m longing for being on that island.
I guess the first thing that would help me is that I acknowledge that I’m in fact in a boat, and my goal is the island. The mainland is nice too, but I’m not ready for it. In fact, one day in the future I realllllly hope that I’ll get to the mainland, but I don’t think I’m prepared for that quite yet.
God, please help me get back to the island. Even if that means jumping out of my boat and swimming ashore. JUST PLEASE HELP ME GET TO THE ISLAND!
(Disclaimer: this is an analogy I like to use when I’m trying to explain my “crush” situation.
Me in a boat = crushing
Island = singleness/being content with singleness
Mainland = Dating/in a relationship)